Thursday, November 29, 2012

#WorkaholicProblems

I am a self-proclaimed workaholic. I don't feel like I really necessarily need to proclaim it, as it's pretty much a solid fact. Nonetheless, I work a lot. I left work about an hour ago, which was fine as I volunteered to help out. Now I'm bored, awake and hungry. Terrible combinations but hey, there are certainly worse things in life.

Sometimes I have to wonder if all this work is worth it. I sacrifice so much of myself to excel in the workplace that I often feel that I don't have enough of myself to give for things like fun and having a social life and dating. (Not completely sold on the dating but that's a completely separate posting.) I'm thankful to have two jobs in this economy and two jobs that I thoroughly enjoy, yet I feel like something is lacking. Maybe it's the fact that I don't go to the beach in the summer or on hayrides in the fall or to sporting events simple for the fact that I am ALWAYS working. My inner drive to constantly succeed is both a blessing and a curse.

So the question I leave you with is this: Is it really worth it to give up so much of yourself for a paycheck?


Annnnnnnddd discuss.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy!

    At this point in my life I'm not sure anything is worth giving up so much of yourself. You need to be happy and do things that make you happy. Working hard is important (coming from an overworked graduate student). But really, at the end of the day you shouldn't give up so much of yourself that you miss out on living. There's a lot of amazing things to do and see and we have a limited amount of time to enjoy those things.

    Live your life! :-)
    <3 you!

    ReplyDelete